Simon de Senlis continue to be rated as a Good school by OFSTED following our visit on 27th February 2018. We are pleased and proud to inform you that this was a highly successful experience and that the inspector was very complimentary of the work of the school.
I would like to draw your attention to the following points of which we are very proud.
- Pupils benefit from a vibrant and creative curriculum.
- Expectations for positive learning behaviours are clearly defined in the school’s values, which are well understood by pupils. Behaviour and conduct are strong around the school and it is clear that staff provide a safe and welcoming environment.
- The school has developed a wide range of appropriate initiatives designed to improve pupils’ reading. These include a newly developed library which contains sets of the ‘100 books for everyone’ and a weekly book club which disadvantaged pupils, in particular, are encouraged to attend.
- Teachers in key stage 1 have developed particular skill in the teaching of phonics and early writing.
- The school is rightly proud of the success of its special unit for pupils who have special educational needs.
- The school’s STOP approach to bullying is well understood.
- The school has developed particular expertise in the use of digital technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
- Pupils speak with pride about the commitment of school staff to the performing arts. Participation of pupils in clubs and trips is particularly strong. The school has been rightly recognised for its efforts with the award of the Artsmark gold award.
A full copy of this inspection is available to download below.
Other useful Ofsted weblinks are shown below.
Key Stage 2 Results & School Performance Tables
Our KS2 results and School performance data is held online at the Education website, which can be found here.
KS2 results from 2016 are as follows:
Pupils Achieving the Expected Standard
Combined (Reading, Writing & Maths) 60%
Pupils Achieving 'Greater Depth' within the Expected Standard
Average Progress Scores
Average Scaled Scores