Redefining Learning Conference
Join us this May with some insightful and refreshing speakers talking technology, creativity and how the arts can, and must, be alive and well in education...
We look forward to welcoming the following speakers at our annual Redefining Learning Event:
- Ian Fordham - Microsoft Education Lead - Ian is the former CEO of Edtech UK, Britain’s strategic body for the education and learning technology sector, and is co-founder of The Education Foundation, the UK’s leading cross-sector education think tank. He is also a Mayor of London Technology Ambassador. He has held positions across the education and not-for-profit sector, including Deputy Director of the British Council for School Environments, Head of Policy at ContinYou, Head of Training and Development at Education Extra and is a former secondary school teacher.
- Kevin Sait - Head of IT Strategy at Wymondham High School, Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Certified Educator, Microsoft Technology Associate and Microsoft Office Specialist.
- Royal Shakespeare Company
- Tom Rees - Headteacher, Simon de Senlis Primary.
Date: Friday 19th May 2017 9.30am - 12.30pm
Click here to book.
Key Note Speakers
Hear from our speakers on the search for deeper learning across schools through innovation, creativity and technology. Explore how schools across the UK are using technology thoughtfully to make learning better.
Hear from experts in the field and observe classes using new technologies including Microsoft Surface, Windows 10 and Office 365. See how children at the school are using technology effectively to support their learning and how you can access training for staff through the Microsoft Training Academies program or even become a ‘Microsoft School’.
The Royal Shakespeare Company
Twelve schools across Northampton Town have been working in a partnership with Lings Primary School and the RSC to develop learning through the works of Shakespeare. The stunning impact of this work will be shared by children and staff.
Visit classrooms at Simon de Senlis and spend time with children and their teachers using different technologies to make their learning richer.
PowerBI: Find out more in-depth information about PowerBI and how it could help your organisation with analysing pupil and employee data.
Office365: Get the low-down on how to implement a whole school Office365 deployment from a technical perspective.
This is a free event and the morning will end with a networking lunch - we hope to see you all at what will be a thought provoking and inspiring event!
Microsoft Training School
Join our free Microsoft in the Classroom training event to explore how teaching and learning can be transformed through technology and a 21st Century Curriculum.
The session will be very practical and you will be given opportunities to learn or develop your use of the following applications:
- Office 365 - Online Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Forms - Online survey tool
- Sway - Online content creator and presentation
- OneNote - Digital notebook and paper for use with students and pupils
- Microsoft Educator Community - an introduction to free, online training resources
There will be devices available for you to use on the day or you can bring your own along and join the guest Wi-Fi.
The event will also provide an opportunity to learn more on how you can become a Microsoft Innovative Educator through the new online Microsoft Educator Community, which is home to a wealth of teacher resources, CPD, lesson plans, and sharing of practice. Register your place now to avoid disappointment, and please feel free to share this event with colleagues and friends who may benefit from attending. Be sure to check out the latest stories from all of our Microsoft Showcase Schools in #TheFeed - the online magazine written by and for educators. Visit aka.ms/TheFeed to read the latest issue.
Thursday 25th May 2017 (1pm - 4pm)
Thursday 22nd June 2017 (1pm - 4pm)
Click here to book