We encourage all children to show their participation and pride in our school community by wearing school uniform. As well as promoting a common bond, uniform serves a number of other purposes.
- It’s practical and suited to the educational activities undertaken.
- A reasonable standard of dress is ensured.
- Uniform is very reasonably priced and hardwearing.
- It is mostly unisex and can be used for more than one child.
- There is no daily discussion as to what a child will wear.
Day to Day Clothing
- Black or Grey trousers / skirts / pinafore dresses
- Emerald green polo shirt - with or without logo
- Navy blue sweatshirt, fleece or cardigan - with or without logo (fleeces only to be worn outdoors)
- Plain black shoes or shoe-like trainers (without obvious logo)
- Blue checked / striped summer dress (summer time only)
- Tailored black shorts (not sports or casual shorts) (summer time only)
Please do not send loose or baggy items for PE or swimming lessons, as they are not safe. Children who have inappropriate clothing will not be able to participate. As with the rest of school uniform, please ensure that items are named. A named bag would also be helpful. PE bags are available to purchase from the school office.
- Black shorts
- Plain white short sleeved t-shirt
- As indoor plus navy/black tracksuit (optional)
- Long socks for the coldest part of the year
- Simon de Senlis reversible rugby jersey for outdoor games
Swimming hats must be provided, no goggles allowed.
- One piece costumes only
- Non-baggy shorts or trunks
Jewellery is not allowed to be worn in school for health and safety reasons (with the exception of sleeper or plain stud earrings). Children wearing studs or sleepers will need to take them out for PE and will be expected to do so themselves. If they can’t be removed, the child will be unable to participate in the lesson. With this in mind, it is best for children to have their ears pierced at the start of the summer holidays.
Our uniform supplier is 'Jules at Home' situated in Roade Village. The postal address is:
4 South View
Telephone: 01604 862019
Opening hours are 9.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am to 4.00pm on Saturdays. Payments can be made by cash or credit / debit cards. Ordering is available over the telephone or via the internet at: www.julesathome-roade.co.uk